11 March 2013

The week off that wasn't

Last week looked like there would be no training at all. Fortunately I managed to get some in, though nothing like a normal week.
Work decided it would be a great idea to go to a very beautiful part of the world where the name tells you the climate perfectly. I would be lying if I said there were parts I didn't thoroughly enjoy but the company could have been better, ideally wife and son rather than colleagues. Many of my colleagues are fine but we do have to be paid to spend time together so not the same as those I chose to spend my life with.
The gym was a hotel version stated as suitable for all types of workout, with dumbbells reaching a massive 10kg, some cardio gear and a small multi-gym. Not the worst but definitely over stated on all types of workout.
I don't know all of the details of weights etc. but I did what I could there and had a run, more than I feared and I think enough to ensure I can get back to proper training this week.
Not going to run this evening, the trip tired me a lot so will either walk or call in a lift.

The earlier part was entertaining my son for his birthday, a process covering 2 days and all involved loved it. Would have happily done that far longer.

2 comments:

  1. 10kg. That's something, alright. You've gotta be careful not to go too heavy, you might hurt yourself.

    I'm happy the see your son's birthday celebrations went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't try finding out but I am confident my son could lift a couple of 10s over his head.
    Reality is he would likely love trying, hence I wouldn't ask him to.

    ReplyDelete