10 January 2014

Training week 1 of 2014

Well disappointing would barely come close.
I ran and did 1 set of warm up squats and 3 actual on Monday, ached so badly not run since until today.

Bench on Wednesday was equally as pathetic just the core movement, nothing else.

Today I got in a respectable run, am feeling less ill but intend to simple do just deadlifts this evening and plan a proper routine over the weekend.

I know the sessions will be centred around 3 sets of 8 reps slow movement. I haven't done slow movement in years and the weights are pathetic, 50kg bench 100 on squats and deadlift, but that is OK because slower movement puts more strain on the muscle and theoretically this means better hypertrophy. Might also try doing some arm work, If I'm trying to be leaner and bigger might as well get pretty arms to go with it.

Run summary.

5.39 miles in 42:08 pace 7.67mph

No comments:

Post a Comment