5 December 2013

Running 05-Dec-2013

Today there are severe weather warnings for strong wind. Airports have cancelled flights, cars are colliding on the road and in the tiny little thing I drive I understood why, trees are losing branches or entire limbs, a few undoubtedly will be uprooted but I haven't seen those.
Only a total idiot would run in weather like this and of course I did. I knew the time wouldn't be a good one, legs were tired anyway so it would have been mediocre in good weather, but the GPS device added one final insult by losing half a mile of my run. The distance and pace are based on knowing how far this run I do every week is and a previous time that was similar.
It wasn't fast but in fairness my aims today were to do my run and get back safe, I did both. It was below standard minimum pace, unrealistic as I can be, today I didn't care.

5.37 miles in 43:50 (that bit is definite) pace 7.35mph

No comments:

Post a Comment