5 August 2014

Squats 05-Aug-2014 (Remedial)

As is often the case in early remedial this was a session of pathetically low intensity and experimentation.

The weight when used was huge at a full 20kg bar with no additional plates.

I have decided to think of this less as remedial and more as perfecting form while I have to use negligible weights. It doesn't stop it being remedial to cover for my stupidity but it feels better this way.

Squats, full parallel, aiming for perfect form. 3 x 10 x 20kg. I was getting most of these to be perfect once warmed into movement and realising that my back and hips were going to let me do them.

Step forward lunges. 3 x 10 bodyweight only. Torso remained totally upright, finished with knees and hips at right angles, knees just touching or above the matting.

Overhead squats 1 x 3 x 20kg. This was a step too far, but I didn't harm myself and know this needs to be switched out for something else for now. The sensation here said stop before you mess yourself up so I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment