1 August 2014

Running 01-Aug-2014

Mixed day really. I decided to try shortening the time it took to warm through discomfort and succeeded. The obvious trade off being the discomfort was more severe during the very start, think I'll go back to doing it properly.
This quicker start saw an average pace of 7.8mph on my app for a very short while. It rapidly dropped to 7.4 once I moved to the pace I can do safely at the moment. With me deciding to do the full distance today the final downhill stint, which is the main one at just over a hundred metres and not very steep, hurt and I finished off the run more slowly than I intended but pleased to have done it.
I could try blaming the humidity which was horrible, but this one was as fast as I could have gone in the most ideal weather.

5.38 miles in 44:07 average speed 7.3mph

No comments:

Post a Comment