11 August 2015

Squats 11-Aug-2015

I knew this session wasn't going to be particularly smart, but I am desperate to get back to normal schedule so despite aching like heck from squatting without stretching on Saturday, knowing better doesn't automatically remove stupidity, then running during the day I needed to do my squat session in the evening.
I will confess the range of movement on squats hasn't been this poor in many years with such a pathetic weight and no injuries. I would like to declare this was because I was taking it easy but in truth it was because my legs were so tired I was getting to the depth where I noticed my knees bowing inward then stopped and stood back up. I was getting more depth on plyo squats too which just means I didn't have the strength to spring back up as fast.
I don't expect to have gained anything physically at all from that session apart from the aches I have this morning and a truly awful interval session at lunch time, however mentally I am back on track and sometimes that is worth it. Next Monday will be better.

Squats 3 x 10 x 70kg

Plyo squats 3 x 10 x 70kg

Calf raises with bar 3 x 10 x 70kg

No comments:

Post a Comment