1 October 2015

Rowing 01-Oct-2015

Well a couple of curve balls were thrown into my rowing training. First I found out the boat isn't a nice modern styled machine with moving seats etc. This is a static seat, each of us rowing single side oars. So I have changed to rowing on the machine as if I was on this type of boat, taking pressure off my legs and piling it onto my core, back and arms instead, areas less used to stamina work.
Second the display sensors are playing up majorly. Initially I though this was just me being a wuss, but I can still count, and while the rower was ranging between 18 and 20 strokes a minute I counted 18 in 30 seconds. No big deal, just have to get the movement practice in and build the upper body stamina. No point going too fast anyway, the rest of my team are not what I would call fit, so my pace will be well above what they can manage meaning I will need to slow the strokes on the day.

20 minutes today. Totally new style of movement and killed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment