6 August 2013

Squats 05-Aug-2013

Squats
Warm up
3 x 10 x 70kg
With knee wraps, 1 x 170kg, 2 x 160kg. Single was an inch or so above parellel, and that was purely a mental block stopping me hitting depth. Classic thing with squats is it feels heavier coming off the rack than in the squat and I let that get to me. I think there was a full depth 175 or maybe even 180 in there that I didn't let out. Happy that it made me feel I can do it, less so that I didn't do it properly.
Without wraps, 4 x 140kg, 8 x 125kg, 12 x 110kg, 15 x 100kg, body really not happy with those sort of reps at that weight, I like that.

Front squats 2 x 100kg, 4 x 90kg, 8 x 70kg. Only the 8 was a proper set with full movement, I should have started at 90 then 80. Body was wasted from the main movement, which is the whole idea.

Session had some lessons for next time, which is the whole point in the first couple of weeks, now time to make some gains learning from them.
Remembering that it took time to get used to reverse pyramid last time, starting at 1 rep max really does effect the rest of the session.

No comments:

Post a Comment