27 January 2015

Intervals 27-Jan-2015

Well it appears the issue with the app yesterday was due to the phone having a screen lock time on it. I have switched this off and today it remained on throughout. The app is a real bully, which is ideal, old one used to be uber polite 'target pace to low, try to speed up' this one has no such niceties, just 'speed up' or if you are close 'speed up a little.' It also doesn't save these for several minutes and give them to you all at once making them worse than useless as you get 30 seconds of missed updates in a 20 second interval.
I am genuinely impressed with this little app and how easy it was to customise my intervals to exactly how I wanted them. All this from a freebee, no wonder they won an award. It does lose track of time a bit though, so instead of my session of 5 minutes warm up and cool down with 10 lots of 20 seconds and 9 2 minute slower sessions between them taking 31:20 it took 32:45 and I stopped the session.
Net result is my session was very consistent 98% on target in fact according to the monitoring, which based on the pace displayed and allowing for GPS inaccuracy is likely as close to perfect as can get, absolutely punishing and enjoyable.

Yesterday while running I was protecting my back and twinged my left oblique instead, so by evening my back was fine and my left side hurt too much for unstable squats. This session seemed fine and I may be able to get them done tonight, if nothing else at lower weight.

Session stats.
3.91 miles in 32:45 average pace (this one doesn't show speed) 8:21 a mile

No comments:

Post a Comment