4 September 2015

Running 04-Sep-2015

The stupidity continues. My hip was starting to hurt less so I decided, hey let's sort out a 7 mile road route for winter while the woods are being a quagmire. There are various reasons things can start to hurt less, one is partial recovery, which I always assume it is, another is the body becoming used to the sensation so taking less notice of it, which considering my hip still hasn't pulled back into place yet is evidently today's case for me.
I got the 7 miles, with a phone call part way through not doing my time any good at all but in fairness even without this I would have been looking at 7.6 rather than 7.5 nowhere close to the 8mph I am supposed to be running. I ignored a lot of pain to keep my time under 8 minute mile, it probably wasn't worth it but felt like the right thing to do at the time.
In reality even though this is the slowest speed I accept, I do understand that in the circumstances it was good going. Now I have the weekend for my hip to recover a bit ready to damage it more next week.

7.02 miles in 55:58 speed 7.5mph pace 7:58 min mile

No comments:

Post a Comment