15 September 2015

Squats 14-Sep-2015

Well this session contained what fortunately was good news but with my rather risk happy nature could easily have been a disaster.
I am still on remedial for hip slipping out and knew it was working it's way back in, so stuck with nice light start on squats while wearing hip support. 2nd set 50kg bar and the hip reset itself on one of the upward movements, nearly sending my knee totally out and challenging my balance to the utmost to ensure I stood up rather than relying on the safety rack to catch me. I was over 70% sure this was it resetting properly but knew there was a chance it had slipped back out, in the support the slip out could have been concealed a bit. I did some simple squat movements without weight and went back in at the next weight, knee hurt a bit but it eased during the next 2 sets and was then fine.
Final set was just me needing to know I could do a heavier weight. I deliberately didn't max out stopping as soon as I felt any real load effect, not sensible remedial style at all, more of a kill or cure test I wouldn't advice for anyone who isn't intimately aware of how their body feels in different states.
Finished off by reintroducing plyo jump squats with a good bit of height, so all in all very happy with myself. Could have gone wrong but with a mix of luck and good judgement, totally reasonable to argue what the proportions are, I am well on the mend again. Next challenge is to make sure I don't reinjure straight away as I have on a number of occasions.

Squats 10 x 20kg, 50kg, 70kg, 100kg, 2 x 120kg

Jump squats 3 x 10 x 70kg

No comments:

Post a Comment