20 November 2015

It Was The Beer, No Scrap That It's My Genes. Yeah Right!

This is a response to some new research I read a small article about. First part is below.

People who behave recklessly when drunk could now put the blame on their genetic inheritance, as new research from Finland has found that some people are born more likely to embarrass themselves than others.
The study could help explain students who wear traffic cones as hats, says the Daily Mail, but the findings will have serious results too, and could even lead to the development of new drugs.


Of course there is a really simple way to avoid this gene being an issue. Don't drink!

I go well beyond reckless and straight into uncontrollably violent moron who hits anyone in reach. Because I know this is in my nature I haven't consumed alcohol in nearly 25 years.

It's not the beer, wine etc. it's the person consuming it. I get bored of the excuses. Alcohol is not compulsory in life and those trying to make you think otherwise are not your friends.

When I gave up alcohol the way I managed to stay clear of it was by making my social circles the people taking recreational cocaine. When I went out saying I don't drink my 'friends' would spend the evening trying to convince me otherwise or even spiking my drinks. Much against the drug pusher image, when I said no to a line the refusal was always accepted and it soon just became known and I was rarely even offered.

I am a rarity in the world today by being a total straight head, no alcohol, tobacco or other drugs, not even tea or coffee, I am that dull. When I saw what alcohol did to me I was too scared to try other stuff and as a boring middle aged/ old man I have enough confidence/ arrogance not to need them.
Make your choices, accept the consequences.

Maybe it's just my ENTP personality (I'll cover that in another post, ENTP basically means I'm awesome, you're not) but I found it was those needing the substances that turned out be boring. Under the influence they could party hard, but before these kicked in they were the ultimate nervous wallflowers too scared to do anything without a drink, toke, snort etc. So while they were busy propping up the walls, bars etc waiting to feel the effects of the artificial courage I was up dancing or generally making a fool of myself, with the added bonus that I had all my faculties about me so could do so with full coordination and speed of wit enough to leave the uninitiated wondering how the, then young, guy had managed to blow their wealth of experience out of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment