5 November 2015

Squats 04-Nov-2015

1 session out of schedule, today should have been bench, but I am getting the session in so won't whinge too much.
Week off last week due to being ill and changeover week. A smart person may have come in a bit mellow, I didn't. This was yesterday evening and the aching hasn't really started yet, that spells DOMS and it's not going to be pleasant.
Supersetting and working to ensure the adding pistol squats to my exercises in the done and mastered list during the year is definitely achieved I have them in. Being me I always put coordination exercises at the end of my training when my body is already wrecked. They were interesting but considering they were my target for this year, I had never done them before this year and I only put them in 1 other block I am happy enough not to have fallen once.
First superset had matching weights throughout but that doesn't tell the full story, 2nd set I needed to pause before each final rep, 3rd I had to pause before final 2 on both and felt like I couldn't get enough air to recover at the end.

Squats/ kettlebell goblet jump squats elbows below knees
3 sets 6 x 120kg/ 10 x 24kg

Pistol squats/ standing calf raises bar on shoulders
3 sets 6 (3 a side)/ 70kg

No comments:

Post a Comment