19 March 2015

Bench 18-Mar-2015

A good bench session, I don't often have those. My version of good may not be everyone's, I train to failure so the good days are when I fail due to having gone a touch to far, proving I was at failure point before, without injury. There are a lot of people declaring training to failure can't be done indefinitely, after a couple of decades I'm not sure they are right.

Reverse grip wide bench press
2 x 60kg, 1 set with 3 on 70kg 7 on 60kg, next week needs to be around 65kg, amazing how much weight reversing that grip takes off bench.

Alternate kettlebell snatch
3 x 5/5 a side x 28kg/24kg obviously I wanted sets of 10 x 28kg, but this is still progress

Tricep push down
3 x 10 x 30kg I like the way my high low pulley makes the weight feel heavy and in the name of compound movement I would have to say this wasn't strict on the down, a lot of core engagement to get through sticking points. To do this just hitting the arms I would need to be 20kg not 30 but still safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment