26 March 2015

Bench 25-Mar-2015

Well one of this years targets was to have less than 4 weeks affected by seizure or illness, especially after losing most of December last year through being ill. Nearly a third of the year gone, this is the first effected one so far.
The medication I take for epilepsy hammers my immune system, one reason I would rather not take it, but dying in the night is a worse prospect so I do. So I have less and lower intensity seizures but get ill more, really hate that.
Last few days I have been tired, but lots going on so thought nothing of it. Bench session started badly with me failing to make an impact on reverse grip bench with 65kg. I dropped back to 60kg to finish the set, a little annoyed. By the time I'd finished the 8th rep of the third set I realised that carrying on would likely make me pass out and knew there would be a seizure either that night or the following. That was last night and the seizure was in the night, as fortunately all mine are.
I deliberately left my running gear behind because I am stupid enough to try that even knowing it could literally endanger my life. Deadlifts are supposed to be this evening but in truth that may get delayed. Epilepsy sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment