19 March 2015

Running 19-Mar-2015

Well tonight's deadlift session may or may not happen, dependent on time. Not ideal but the reason is worth it.
Today there were apparently smog warnings because of the weather, found out after and would explain why I was struggling to get air in. Need to change the settings on my running app to stop the auto start, stepping through the door and it started, adding a few seconds to my time, which if it was a good time would be really annoying. I haven't run this tired in a long time, so I knew it wasn't going to be epic, but at the 5 mile mark I genuinely felt ready to drop off to sleep and that is a something I haven't experienced since I was doing serious distances decades ago.
Knowing this wasn't going to be a good run didn't stop me getting annoyed by it. I genuinely thought it may go over 48 minutes and it didn't so on reflection I am not as unhappy as I expected to be. In fact considering I have felt better in the last year or so and been far slower I am quite proud of myself. All I need to do now is catch up on my sleep and I should be back to some good times, that may come in a few weeks.

6.2 miles in 47:46 speed 7.8mph

No comments:

Post a Comment